Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies are great for anyone who love the mint-chocolate combination. The addition of pudding yields a soft cookie with wonderful texture. Perfect for the holiday Christmas cookie exchanges!
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add egg, sour cream and pudding mix.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt & baking soda.
- Incorporate flour mixture into the pudding mixture and mix until well combined. Add mint extract and food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Add in chocolate chips. *I used 3/4 cup chocolate chunks, 3/4 cup regular chocolate chips and 1/2 cup Andes baking bits. Any combination is wonderful, but note that while the Andes mint baking pieces add an incredible flavor, they kind of disappear in the cookies. So add them in addition to the 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, if you opt to put them in!
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
HOW DO YOU SOFTEN BUTTER?
I like to soften butter by using the defrost function on my microwave. If you need the full 1/2 cup cube of butter, you can leave it in the paper wrapper, otherwise, place the amount of butter you need in a glass or porcelain bowl. I use the lowest defrost setting on my microwave and just let it run for 20 seconds. Check the butter and see how soft it is by pressing it with a rubber scraper. If it is still not soft to the touch, meaning it doesn’t indent when you press into it, let it warm for another 5-10 seconds. Watch it closely! Butter softens very quickly.
CAN MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Another option is to shape the dough into round balls and then freeze them all on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, toss the dough balls in a ziplock freezer bag and store up to 1 month. That way you can bake them as you’d like and enjoy warm cookies!
- 1 pouch (1 cup) GOOD MEASURES® sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 pouches (2 cups) GOOD MEASURES® all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 3 drops blue coloring + 10-15 drops green coloring
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.