What’s better than the flavor of eggnog for the holidays? How about eggnog in a cookie form? If your cookie eaters like eggnog, the will love these cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, eggnog and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours. This is a great time to relax and maybe enjoy some eggnog and brandy!
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° until bottoms are brown, 13-16 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the first five frosting ingredients until blended; beat in enough eggnog to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Let stand until set. Store in airtight containers.
30 minute prep. 15 minute bake. + chill time.
about 48 cookies
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 pouch (1 cup) GOOD MEASURES packed brown sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 pouches (3 cups) GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- 4 pouches (4 cups) GOOD MEASURES confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Additional ground nutmeg
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures® traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES® GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.