- Swap 1/4 cup cocoa for 1/4 cup of the flour to make chocolate gingerbread.
- Add the grated zest of an orange as you beat the butter-sugar mixture.
- Stir chopped candied ginger into the dough at the end, before rolling and baking.
- Make sandwiches: Spread the bottom of cooled cookies with vanilla or cream cheese frosting, then sandwich with another cookie.
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 12 minutes
about 24 cookies
Recipe notes: Reduce the butter to 1/3 or 1/4 cup for slightly thicker, softer cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 pouch (1 cup) sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 pouches (2 cups) GOOD MEASURES® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar, for rolling
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES® GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.