What’s better than fruitcake? Fruitcake in the form of a Merry Christmas Cookie! Ho, ho, how good!
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease several baking sheets. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
Beat together the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating each addition with about 2 tablespoons of milk until all the milk is incorporated and the dough is soft. Beat in the sherry, and mix in the nuts, raisins, dates, pineapple, and cherries until thoroughly mixed. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and the bottoms are very lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3 pouches (3 cups) GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 pouch (1 cup) GOOD MEASURES brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored cream sherry
- 7 cups chopped mixed nuts
- 2 cups chopped raisins
- 2 cups pitted chopped dates
- 1 pound candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound red and green candied cherries, chopped
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures® traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES® GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.