We don’t call this HERSHEY’S Best Brownies recipe for nothing. Make scrumptious brownies from scratch with cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Then top with creamy brownie frosting and nuts for extra crunch.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan or two 8- or 9-inch square pans.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan (20 to 22 minutes for 8- or 9-inch pans) or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Prepare and frost brownie with CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING, if desired. Garnish frosted brownies with milk chocolate chips, if desired. Cut into bars.CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
- Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency. Makes 1-2/3 cups frosting.
PREP TIME: 15
Makes about 24 brownies
- 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1 cup GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S Kitchens Milk Chocolate Chips (optional)
- CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING (optional, recipe follows)CREAMY BROWNIE FROSTING
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk