How to make the easiest Sugar Cookie Icing that’s both delicious and easy to use! Use this recipe to decorate your sugar cookies for any occasion whether it’s Christmas, Thanksgiving or just to have some baking fun!
- Sift sugar then mix in the corn syrup and extract.
- Add milk 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add food coloring a little at a time until you reach your desired color.
- Follow our very best sugar cookie recipe to bake your cookies in any shape you like, they hold their shape beautifully once baked.
- Make sure your sugar cookies are extra cold before icing, if they are warm the icing will just melt. I recommend placing the baked cookies in the fridge until they are extra cold.
- When you’re ready to decorate set out bowls full of your favorite sprinkles and different colors of icing to make it easy to decorate your cookies.
- Don’t worry about the sugar cookie icing in bowls there will be too much of it to harden. If a slight skin forms just give it a mix to break it back up!
- The icing can take up to 24 hours to set completely hard so try not to stack cookies on top of each other too soon.
- Once the icing has hardened you can stack them to take to parties or store them in cookie tins.
- Try not to add in too much extract or the flavor of the icing will overpower the sugar cookies, I find that 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
- To ice the cookies use squeeze bottles or cut a very small incision into a plastic piping bag. I find that squeeze bottles are much easier to use!
- Nutritional information is for the whole batch of icing.
- 2 pouches (2 cups) GOOD MEASURES powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- food coloring