- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease one 9×13 inch pan.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Set aside.
- Mix together four, brown sugar, salt, and vegetable oil to form a crumb like mixture.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumbs.
- Mix the remaining crumbs with water and soda mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups Good Measures all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil