A white chocolate cookie drizzled in chocolate and sprinkled with chopped candy canes…a festive look for holiday cookie platters and cookie exchange parties.
- Melt the baking bar in a small pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer at medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the melted baking bar, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture; beat until well mixed. Cover, chill dough at least one hour, or until easy to handle.
- Shape the dough into one-inch balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 min., or until bottoms are light brown. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, cook and stir chocolate chips and shortening over low heat until melted. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with crushed candy.
- No buttermilk in your fridge? You may substitute milk plus 3/4 teaspoon of lemon juice to get the same result.
- Chocolate chips and shortening can just as easily be melted in a pyrex dish or measuring cup in the microwave. Heat a little at a time, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
Prep: 35 minutes Bake: 15 minutes
4 Dozen Cookies
- 4 ounces white baking bar with cocoa butter
- 2 pouches (2 cups) GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 pouch (1 cup) GOOD MEASURES sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- crushed candy canes
- extra sugar for rolling
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.