Want the best Christmas ever? Bake the best cut-out cookies ever! Faily & friends will love the cookie and love your for baking!! Want to ice your delicious sugar cookies?…Here is a link to our best icing recipe.
Grandma Minnie’s Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) .
- Over a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in lightly beaten egg, cream, and vanilla. Blend well.
- Dough may be chilled, if desired (1 to 2 hours for easier rolling).
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle with sugar; cut into desired shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until delicately brown.
prep 20 minutes. bake 8 minutes.
about 36 cookies
- 3 pouches (3 cups) GOOD MEASURES all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pouch (1 cup) GOOD MEASURES sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Want to ice your cookies?
Here is our easy icing recipe.
GLUTEN FREE OPTION:
Replace Good Measures® traditional all-purpose flour, on a cup-for-cup basis, with GOOD MEASURES® GLUTEN FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR for a delicious gluten free alternative. All ingredients are readily available as gluten free. Please read package on all ingredients to ensure gluten free.